Spring is officially here and we can finally say goodbye to the colder weather! If you’ve struggled keeping up your fitness, the warmer weather and longer days present awesome opportunities to make those changes you’ve been looking for.
I’ve come up with five tips to help you reach your goals:
- Spring brings lots of fresh starts, and while it sounds cliché, it’s the best time of the year to revitalise your routine. The cold weather is gone for another 6 months and you can commit to getting energised and making the most of the longer, warmer days.
- Take time to identify your goals. Have a clear picture of what you want to achieve. Make small, achievable goals, that are definite and measurable with a time frame and write them down. Eg. Lose 6 kg in 6 weeks, rather than ‘lose weight’. You need to know what it is you’re aiming for in order to accomplish it.
- Now that the weather is warm, you’ll probably find it’s a lot easier to get your friends to join you. Exercising with others can be a great motivator, knowing that there’s someone relying on you to turn up and go on this journey with them! I still train heaps better with a mate!
- Tracking your workouts can also be a great way to ensure you stick to your goals. Keep a track of your progress by using a log, and tick off each goal as you go along, this also provides a great sense of accomplishment. When you can see the progress you’re making.
- Make exercise fun! Find activities you love. Yes there is one for EVERYONE! Haven’t found yours yet? Search harder! Whether it’s racing a mate on the rower at your local ATF, paddle boarding, swimming, dancing, boxing, team sports, yoga, walking, surfing. We are spoiled for choice.