Dec 13, 2016
Baba Ghanoush Dip with Lemon and Parsley
A simple light side dish to make for company coming to visit. Great with some bread for dipping, or as a side dish with any grilled meats.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp tahini (or peanut butter)
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- Paprika, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthways and place cut side up on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned.
- Once cooled slightly, peel away and discard the eggplant skin.
- Place eggplant flesh in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add lemon juice, zest, garlic, cumin, tahini and parsley and mash again until well combined.
- Garnish with paprika and extra olive oil to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 69 Total Fat 3.6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 303mg Potassium 340mg Total Carbohydrate 8.9g Dietary Fiber 4.8g Sugars 3.7g Protein 2.2g