Nov 8, 2016
Bacon, Egg and Tomato Breakfast Frittata
A great breakfast for a lazy weekend. Prepare the night before and reheat before serving for a low-stress option.
- 3 slices lean bacon, rind removed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C and spray an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil and then cook the tomatoes and mushroom for 2-3 minutes, then add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Pour into the ovenproof dish.
- Cook the bacon in the same frying pan until crisp. Set aside to cool and then chop up and add to the tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with a fork, adding seasoning to taste.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables and top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serves: 6.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 198
- Total Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 4.7g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 238mg
- Sodium 529mg
- Potassium 327mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g
- Sugars 1.8g