Feb 6, 2017
Baked Spinach and Cabbage Fritters with Yoghurt Dip
For a healthier take on fritters, our recipe bakes them in the oven instead of frying in oil.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups white cabbage
- 1 brown onion, peeled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup wholemeal flour of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- ½ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Finely chop the spinach, cabbage, onion and parsley and place in a bowl (or use a food processor to grate it all).
- Add the egg to the bowl, along with the flour. Mix well with a fork and season to taste.
- Spray the baking trays with olive oil.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the batter onto the trays and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden, then turn fritters over and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Make the yoghurt dip by mixing the mint or chives into the yoghurt, then season to taste.
Tip: for an extra hit of protein in the morning, serve the fritters with a poached egg on top.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 5
- Total Fat 1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 5 mg
- Potassium 4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g