Aug 22, 2017
Breakfast pita with pesto, egg and greens
You can have pizza for breakfast with this delicious customisable recipe!
- 2 wholegrain pita breads
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 green capsicum, sliced
- 4 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pita onto the trays and cover with pesto.
- Top with the capsicum, snow peas and feta, then crack one egg onto each pita bread.
- Place under the grill until the edges are crisp, the egg is cooked to your liking, and the veggies have warmed through.
- Top the pita with avocado, season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli and serve immediately.