Aug 22, 2017
Sweet Potato and Feta Fritters with Lime Yogurt Dip
Enjoy these crispy fritters as a healthy snack or tasty side dish.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Place the sweet potato, feta, egg, flour and spices into a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and warm up enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Use a spoon to scoop up fritter mixture and form it into a fritter shape (you should be able to make about 10).
- Place fritters into the hot pan, ensuring there is some space between each (you will need to cook in batches).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping over and cooking until golden on both sides.
- Place onto paper towel to drain and continue cooking the rest of the fritters, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serves 4 as a snack or side dish.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 252
- Total Fat 17.6g
- Saturated Fat 3.8g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 137mg
- Potassium 248mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7g
- Dietary Fibre 1.8g
- Sugars 3.4g
- Protein 5.1g