May 3, 2018
Avocado, artichoke and kale dip
In this recipe, avocado provides the creaminess and rich flavour that you can expect from your traditional artichoke dip, while also doling out a hearty dose of nutritious fats that promote stronger bones, improved eyesight, glowing skin, and healthy hair!
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 – 400g bottle/ can whole artichoke hearts; drained, rinsed and quartered
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: tortilla chips, pita chips, rice crackers, or sliced vegetables.
- Add kale and olive oil to a skillet over medium low heat. Cook kale until it wilts and becomes tender, stirring occasionally (5-6 minutes). Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Add quartered artichokes to mixing bowl.
- Remove avocado from skin and place in food processor with the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Add avocado cream to mixing bowl with kale and artichoke hearts. Gently mix with spoon.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish.
- Store in refrigerator, if necessary.
Nutrition Information: 150 Calories, 12g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat), 11g Carbohydrate (2g Fibre, <1g Sugar), 3g Protein