Mar 4, 2018
Spinach Parmesan Cheeseball
Impress your guests with this secretly healthy spinach cheese ball! Because nothing says entertaining like cheesy deliciousness.
Makes 1 large spinach cheeseball (about 16 servings)
- 230 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese Light
- 2/3 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 250 grams package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Whole grain crackers and vegetable (cucumber, carrot and capsicum) slices for serving
- Combine the Cream Cheese, Greek yogurt, mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, hot sauce, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and spinach. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly solid.
- Place the mixture in the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap, close the wrap, and form the mixture into a ball.
- Place the mixture into a small bowl, and refrigerate for an additional hour, or until mostly solid.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining Parmesan cheese and pecans in a shallow dish. Once the cheeseball is chilled, roll it in the mixture to coat.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and vegetable slices.
Nutrition Per Serving
142 calories, 10g fat, 2.9g carbs, 8.3g protein
(Does not include the crackers or vegetables)