In this recipe, avocado provides the creaminess and rich flavour that you can expect from your traditional artichoke dip, while also doling out a hearty dose of nutritious fats that promote stronger bones, improved eyesight, glowing skin, and healthy hair!
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 – 400g bottle/ can whole artichoke hearts; drained, rinsed and quartered
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: tortilla chips, pita chips, rice crackers, or sliced vegetables.
- Add kale and olive oil to a skillet over medium low heat. Cook kale until it wilts and becomes tender, stirring occasionally (5-6 minutes). Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Add quartered artichokes to mixing bowl.
- Remove avocado from skin and place in food processor with the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Add avocado cream to mixing bowl with kale and artichoke hearts. Gently mix with spoon.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish.
- Store in refrigerator, if necessary.
Nutrition Information: 150 Calories, 12g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat), 11g Carbohydrate (2g Fibre, <1g Sugar), 3g Protein