Serves: 3 large burgers
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• ¼ cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 2/3 cups oats (well chopped)
• Burger buns and toppings, for serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Line a small baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, mash the black beans with a fork until you have a chunky paste (you’ll want to leave some of the bean chunks for texture).
3. Add in the barbecue sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir until well-combined.
4. Add in the oats and stir until well-combined. You don’t want any lumps of oats.
5. With wet hands, form the mixture into three even-sized patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip over, then bake an additional 10 minutes or until the patties are slightly brown, beginning to crack on the edges and feel solid.
6. Serve immediately on whole grain buns and add your favourite toppings.
Carbohydrates 46.6 g
Protein 10.9 g
This recipe was originally published by Anytime Fitness.