• 450 grams whole wheat short pasta (like farafelle or penne)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 green capsicum, diced
• 200 grams button mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cups fresh spinach
• 1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 175°. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Cook until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add in the garlic and onion, and cook until just tender and fragrant, about two minutes. Add in the zucchini, green pepper, and mushrooms, and cook until all veggies are soft and have released most of their water, about 10 minutes.
5. Add in the spinach and pasta sauce, and cook until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is heated through, about five minutes.
6. Remove the sauce from heat, add in the cooked pasta, and toss to coat. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
• To freeze: Fill an aluminium foil baking dish with the mixed pasta and sauce and then top with cheese. Seal with aluminium foil, and then freeze.
• To cook from frozen: Preheat oven to 175°. Baked covered frozen pasta in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until heated through.
• Feel free to double or triple this and eat some for dinner and place some in the freezer.
• Make sure to cook the pasta al dente. If you cook the pasta until completely soft, it will become soggy in the oven or freezer.
Your gym experience is of the utmost importance to us. Was something a little off last time you stopped in for a workout? Feel like sharing a little victory or a major milestone? Please let us know by completing the form below.
There was an error validating the form. Please see below for details.