Serves: 5-6 ppl Prep time:15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 racks (6 ribs per rack) Lamb french trimmed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 250 g frozen peas
- 50 g rocket leaves
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 C. Heat a cast-iron griddle pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and stand until cool, about 20 minutes.
- Smear the fleshy side of the rack of lamb with Dijon mustard making sure the entire surface is covered. Press finely chopped mint over
the mustard in an even layer. Return rack of lamb to the griddle pan and roast in a hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before carving into individual chops.
- Serve with Smashed Pea & Rocket Puree (recipe follows) and a dollop (1 tablespoon/13 Cal) of tzatziki yoghurt.
Smashed Pea and Rocket Purée:
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until transparent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add peas and
rocket, cook until rocket has wilted. Add the stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then pulse to a chunky puree using a stick blender or food processor. Season with sea salt and pepper.
1 serve of puree = 88 Cal (or 368 kJ) per serve
Calories 161 Cal (or 674 kJ)
Fat 7.6 g
Saturated fat 2.6g
This recipe was originally published by SuperfastDiet – they are currently offering a 14 day free trial of their part-time diet exclusive for Anytime Fitness members. To unlock your 2 weeks free go to www.superfastdiet.com/anytime