This gorgeous Zesty Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Tomato is the perfect weeknight meal! It requires only a few minutes of preparation and contains fresh, wholesome ingredients that complement each other perfectly. The whole family will love this one!
Zesty Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Tomato Recipe
- 4 x 120g salmon fillets
- 600g of asparagus
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120 g rocket
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 60g seeded mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters for serving
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- To make the dressing, place the grated zest of one lemon and the juice from the same lemon into a small bowl or jar. Next, add the seeded mustard, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and mix to combine into a dressing.
- Line your baking tray with foil, followed by baking paper, and place your salmon fillets on top.
- Snap off the wooden ends of your asparagus and place to the side, along with the cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the four salmon fillets evenly. Fold the baking paper over the fillets, followed by the foil. Ensure the ends of the foil are wrapped up nice and tight.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whilst the salmon is baking, place your asparagus in a pan and drizzle with the coconut oil.
- When the asparagus is almost cooked, throw in the tomatoes for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Plate up the salmon, asparagus and tomatoes. Serve with rocket and lemon to taste.
PER SERVE (serves 4)
Calories: 364 Cal (or 1523 kJ) Fat: 17 g Protein: 42.2g Carbohydrate: 5.6g
You can’t go wrong with this simple, quick, and tasty meal! Make it your own by simply adding whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Enjoy!