This healthier version of traditional Anzac biscuits combines cholesterol-lowering, high-fibre oats, heart-healthy monounsaturated fats from olive oil and almonds, and lower GI sweetness from maple syrup. The combination of high fibre, healthy fats and low GI carbohydrates in this recipe can help balance your blood sugar levels and curb your appetite.
Ingredients (makes 20 small biscuits):
1 ½ cups (175g) rolled oats
½ cup (50g) almond meal
½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
1/3 cup (80mL) extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons (60mL) pure maple syrup
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2-3 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the rolled oats, coconut and almond meal in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
3. Add olive oil, maple syrup and bicarbonate of soda. Stir to combine all ingredients.
4. Slowly add water 1 tablespoon at a time and stir again until mixture is moist enough to roll and shape by hand into balls that can be flattened slightly onto the baking tray.
5. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden. The biscuits will harden as they cool.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Your gym experience is of the utmost importance to us. Was something a little off last time you stopped in for a workout? Feel like sharing a little victory or a major milestone? Please let us know by completing the form below.
There was an error validating the form. Please see below for details.