Protein. Tick. Veggies. Tick. A little heat. Tick. Hit all the right notes with this tasty stir fry you can whip up in minutes.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips – 100g
- Carrots, cut into matchsticks – 1/2 carrot
- Bunch bok choy, chopped – 1/2 bunch
- Pumpkin – 1/4 cup
- Chives, chopped finely – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, gluten-free if required – 1 tsp
- Red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely – 1/4 red chilli
- Lemon juice – Juice of a 1/4 lemon
- Brown sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1/2 tsp
- Brown rice, cooked- 1/3 cup
- Steam the pumpkin and carrot on the stove or in a microwave, then set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over a medium to high heat and add chives and chicken.
- When the chicken is browned add the carrots and pumpkin stir-frying for a couple of minutes, then stir through the bok choy.
- Add the soy, lemon, sugar, chilli and season to taste. Add a dash of water to the pan if you feel it needs it.
- Serve the stir fry alongside the brown rice.