A new twist on the classic breakfast. Use slightly stale bread for best results.
- 2 large slices day old bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Place the eggs, milk and cheese into a bowl and season to taste.
- Whisk the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high and add the butter.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture so that it is well coated, allow any excess to drip off before adding bread to the hot pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on the bottom, then carefully flip over to cook the other side.
- Serve with a fine grating of extra Parmesan and some fresh basil.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 12.4g
Saturated Fat 6.3g
Total Carbohydrate 20.1g
Dietary Fibre 0.8g