• 6-8 capsicum (depending on size)
• 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
• 1 250 gram punnet of cherry tomatoes
• 1/3 cup spring onion, diced
• 1 cup quinoa (dry)
• 500 grams chorizo, browned
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp fajita seasoning
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
• 1/2 lime juice
• 3/4 cup low-fat shredded cheese
• Optional garnishes: avocado, salsa, plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a saucepan with 1 cup of quinoa. Once boiling, cover pot and turn down heat to simmer until all water has absorbed (approx. 15 minutes).
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook chorizo and season with cumin, fajita spice and garlic. Cook until meat is uniformly brown.
4. Add meat, quinoa and veggies to a large bowl. Sprinkle with coriander and lime juice, stirring until combined.
5. Cut the tops off the 6-8 capsicum. Remove hearts and seeds.
6. Place capsicum in greased pan. Stuff with mixture. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and capsicum have softened. Garnish and serve.
This recipe was originally published by Anytime Fitness.