• Cooking spray
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (plus more, to taste)
• 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional (adds a slight cheesy flavor)
• 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn into chip-size pieces (about 8 packed cups worth)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and nutritional yeast, if using. Set aside.
3. Place the kale pieces in a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over all. Use your hands to massage the oil into the leaves of the kale; you really want all pieces of the kale coated.
4. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the oiled kale and toss to coat.
5. Spread kale onto the prepared baking sheet into one layer (use a second sheet if you need to spread out). Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the kale is crispy and slightly brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle on more salt before serving, if desired.
Your gym experience is of the utmost importance to us. Was something a little off last time you stopped in for a workout? Feel like sharing a little victory or a major milestone? Please let us know by completing the form below.
There was an error validating the form. Please see below for details.