Ingredients for salad:
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 2 large apples cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 1 large onion chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Ingredients for dressing:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Add in the quinoa, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Toss together the sweet potatoes, apples, onions, and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Pour over sweet potato mixture and toss to coat. Spread out mixture in one layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until all veggies are tender.
4. To prepare the dressing, whisk together all ingredients until well-combined.
5. To assemble the salad, toss together the quinoa, roasted veggies, cranberries, walnuts, and dressing until well-combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold or heat up and serve warm for a more intense flavour.
This recipe was originally published by Anytime Fitness.