A perfect 30 minute recipe to beat the winter blues for lunch and dinner!
- olive-oil spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 300g mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 200g steamed green beans, to serve
- 200g steamed snow peas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spray the inside of a round 20cm baking tin with olive oil and line the base with a sheet of baking paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium–high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, for 3 more minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add crushed garlic; cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds.
- Whisk eggs with ricotta and parmesan in a large mixing bowl.
- Add grated zucchini and chopped semi-dried tomatoes and basil. Season frittata mixture with black pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour frittata mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until set, puffed up and golden.
- Remove baking tin from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove frittata from tin and slice into quarters.
- Serve frittata with steamed green beans and snow peas.