Who said dessert can’t have a place in a healthy diet?
Dessert can be that sweet crescendo that tops off a special occasion! And when eaten in moderation, it doesn’t need to be something to feel guilty about!
Spoil your loved ones (and yourself) with these guilt-free treats.
Honey Dark Chocolate Truffles
Makes: 8 Truffles
- 5 ounces unsweetened, dairy-free dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Sifted cocoa powder, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir. Repeat microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until the mixture has hardened and cooled completely.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge, let it warm down for 10-15 minutes. Then scrape out tablespoonful portions into damp hands. Roll into balls. Your hands will get chocolatey, but the mess is worth it!
- Roll each ball into sifted cocoa powder, tapping to remove excess. Refrigerate the truffles until ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving (1 Truffle): 165 calories, 16g fat, 11g carbs, 2g protein
Easy 6-Step Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into pieces and frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and frozen
- Place the strawberries and banana chunks into the basin of a food processor
- Turn the food processor on high, and the fruit will begin to break up. It won’t look anything like ice cream at first
- Keep the food processor running, scraping down the sides if chunks get stuck, and after a few more minutes, the fruit chunks will get much smaller
- Eventually the mixture will start to come together—like making a dough
- Run the food processor for a few more seconds until you get the desired consistency. You have the option of a thicker, scoopable ice cream, or you can also keep it running for a softer, creamier end product
- Scoop into bowls and serve! Try topping it with a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
Nutrition info per serving: 128 calories, 0.2g fat, 32.4g carbs, 1.6g protein
Sweet Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup finely chopped strawberries
(plus extra whole strawberries for garnishing)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line a standard muffin tin with baking cups
- Combine honey, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest using a hand mixer or standing mixer. Mix on medium speed for ~30 seconds or until frothy and smooth
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on high for ~30-45 seconds. Batter should be smooth
- Gently fold in chopped strawberries using a spatula
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin tins, about ⅔ full
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely. (Refrigerate cupcakes if not serving immediately)
- To prepare frosting, whip one can of coconut cream with vanilla and honey on high for 2 minutes using a stand or hand mixer. Refrigerate 1 hour. Remove and whip again until it forms stiff peaks (~1 minute)
- Assemble shortcake, frosting, and more strawberries as you’d like!