Nov 26, 2018
Orange scented double cacao hazelnut bliss bombs
Serves: 7+, Prep Time: 20 min, Cook Time: 0 min
- 10 medjool dates, each date pitted and cut into 6-9 pieces depending on size
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- A scant pinch of bicarbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder or substitute cocoa
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts roasted with skins rubbed off, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Place cut dates in a small heatproof bowl with the juice and finely grated zest of one orange. Add a scant pinch of bicarbonate of soda and soak for 15-20 minutes to soften (you can place the bowl into the microwave and heat through on low for a minute to hasten the process).
- Transfer softened date mixture into the bowl of a small food processor. Add cacao powder and vanilla extract. Pulse until combined. The mixture will clump together and be soft and a little sticky.
- Add coarsely chopped hazelnuts and almond meal. Pulse once or twice more to combine all ingredients. Stir through cacao nibs.
- Take level tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls between moistened palms. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes 16 bliss bombs.
Tip: You can also dip all or half of bliss ball in some toasted sesame seeds or your favourite crushed nut. Remember to include any extras in your calorie count. Big batch refrigerator item.
Calories 89 Cal (or 372 kJ)
Saturated fat 0.7g
This recipe was originally published by SuperfastDiet – they are currently offering a 14 day free trial of their part-time diet exclusive for Anytime Fitness members. To unlock your 2 weeks free go to www.superfastdiet.com/anytime.