Feb 19, 2019
The ultimate back workout
Try this quick 10 minute back workout from our Anytime Workouts app! Develop a sculpted back by targeting some of the largest muscles in the upper body! With this workout you can improve your posture, carve your torso and build a strong and stable foundation.
For each exercise, perform 4 sets of 8 repetitions. Rest for 60 seconds between sets, unless otherwise indicated.
Use a challenging weight that allows you to complete all reps. If the weight is too easy, slightly increase it. If it is too hard, slightly decrease it.
Equipment needed: barbell, dumbbells, body weight, cables.
Uni T-Bar Row
1. Squat holding the end of a weighted bar in one hand to the side of one foot with your arm straight and your back flat.
2. Pull the bar up to your chest, bending at the elbow.
Keep back flat and maintain squat position throughout. Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
Bent Over Row
1. Bend forward at your waist with your knees slightly bent and your back flat while holding dumbbells with your arms straight and palms facing in.
2. Lift the dumbbells to the sides of your chest.
Lower the dumbbells back to a straight arm position, keeping your back flat throughout.
Equipment substitutes: barbell, plates
1. Hang from a bar overhead, using an underhanded grip with your hands shoulder-width apart.
2. Pull your body up until your chin reaches over the bar, being at the elbows.
Lower back down, extending arms fully.
Uni Standing Close Row
1. Stand upright holding the handle in one hand with your arm straight out in front, your knees slightly bent and your back flat.
2. Pull the handle straight into your chest.
Remain upright throughout and do not sway back and forth. Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
1. Stand upright with a barbell on the back of your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart.
2. Bend forward at your hips, keeping your back flat and your legs straight.
3. Return to the upright position.
Be sure to maintain a flat back throughout and keep your legs straight.
Support your body off the floor, resting on your toes and forearms.
1. Raise on arm and the opposite leg straight up about 18 inches off the floor.
2. Hold briefly, then lower yourself back to the floor. Repeat with the other arm and opposite leg.
Alternate sides with each rep.