Utilise this full body warm-up to wake yourself up from head to toe! Each of these dynamic movements targets a different part of the body so that you’re prepared and ready for any type of workout.
Complete 1 set with 10 reps and a 60 second rest in between sets (*except for jogging – complete for 180 seconds)
Movement 1: Jog – Cardio (180 seconds)
• Jog in an upright position swinging your arms by your sides.
• Concentrate on your stride lengths as well as your stride frequency.
• Your hands should swing up to about chest height in front and back down to your hip.
Movement 2: Spiderman Lunge – Stretch
• Start in the top position of a push up with your arms straight.
• Step one foot forward to your hand, bending at the knee.
• Perform on each side, then switch to the other side. Alternate sides with each rep.
Movement 3: Step Over – Legs
• Stand upright beside a straight bar at your mid-thigh height, hands on hips.
• Step your inside leg up and over the bar.
• Step the other leg up and over.
• Repeat steps back to the other side, alternating sides with each rep.
Movement 4: Duck Under – Legs
• Stand upright to one side of a bar at hip height.
• Squat low, sending your hips back and down, keeping your back flat and head up.
• Duck under the bar, then come upright on the other side.
• Squat again and duck and repeat back to the other side, alternating sides with each rep.
Movement 5: Push Up – Chest
• Support your body on your toes and hands with your elbows bent and your chest nearly touching the floor.
• Push up to a straight arm position.
• Lower your body back to the start position and repeat.
• Keep your back flat and your hips in line with your shoulders throughout.
Movement 6: Stick Up – Stretch
• Stand upright with your hands at shoulder height, elbows bent and your palms out.
• Straighten your arms overhead, extending fully.
Movement 7: Instep Lunge – Stretch
• Stand upright with your arms by your sides.
• Take a step forward, dropping your back knee to the floor and leaning torso forward, reaching your elbow inside your front leg and placing your opposite hand on the floor.
• Push off your front foot to return to the start position and repeat on the opposite side.
Movement 8: Leg Swing – Stretch
• Stand upright with your hands on your hips and one foot off the floor, slightly behind.
• Swing this leg up in front to hip height and then back behind to the start position.
• Maintain your balance throughout all reps.
• Perform on one side, then switch to the other side.
This workout was originally created on the Anytime Workouts App.